If you like what you read, come get it here.
Jamie Oliver’s Christmas Special.
- 1 kg sugar
- 1 chili (I used Robertsons chili spice, worked good. Fresh ones are not a nessacity)
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1,5 oranges
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 vanilla pod (I’ll tel you about the deli-sh* product (Vanilla Powder*) I found)
- 6 cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- big splash of Canola Oil
- popcorn kernels
Pop everything except the sugar into a MagiMix, blender or anything that beats quicker then your hand and when it’s a fine mixture, add the sugar. After a minute or so, the pleasing flavours of all those scrumptious spices and herbs will fill your kitchen.
Pop the oil in a large pot, and add as much kernels as you would like to eat. Put the stove on high and when the kernels start popping, take a dishtowel and shake the pot on the stove top until the popping finishes.
It is very important to get the sugar on the popcorn while it is still hot-hot! Sprinkle the sugar on the popcorn in a bowl and if the sugar doesn’t stick to the popcorn, remember to spread it through the popcorn with your hand. And if you like to indulge, you can melt some butter and splash over the popcorn as well. Spread it again with you hand, because otherwise it will make funny looking butter and sugar blobs. hahaha…
- 2 avos
- salt and pepper taste
- Few splashes of lemon juice
- Ina Paarman Chilli and Garlic seasoning
- Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- Tabasco to taste (It adds lots of flavour especially to the after taste)
- Cherry tomatoes halved/chilies for colour
Mix all the ingredients with a fork or if you had a long day use a stick-blender, but don’t over mix it, because it looses the bright green colour.
Baby marrow fritters
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoon(tb) (15ml) cooking oil
- 2 t salt
- ½t chilli flakes (Robertsons Crushed Chillies)
- 1 tb basil, finely chopped
- 1 tb origano, finely chopped
- 3 cups grated baby marrows (350 g)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup grated cheddar or crumbed feta
- 1¾ cup flower
- cooking oil for frying
Method: Wine time: 30-45min
Beat eggs, oil, herbs and flavouring substance together. Add baby marrows, corn kernels and cheese and mix together with a wooden spoon. Add the flower next and mix well. Fry a table spoon full of the batter(or as much as you want depending on how big the fritters must be) in as much oil that you are comfortable with. (I used as little as possible, because I don’t like oil frying) Fry until brown on both sides.
Serve it hot/cold with guacamole and rocket or if you like something sweet, some apricot jam and cheese.
- 5 tb Nestle Dialite Vannila Frozen dessert
- 1 small tub of Fruit of the cape Marcel’s frozen yogurt
- 150 ml Orange juice
- 30 raspberries
- 2 t granadilla pulp
- 1 tb finely chopped mint
Add everything to a blender or use a blender stick to make your smoothie.